This workout is done on a track or on a treadmill depending on your circumstances. It consists of run and active rest intervals. This workout can be done with other modes of exercise such as walking, biking or on an eliptical machine.
- Warm-Up: 10 minutes of easy, light jogging.
- Intervals will be done in 1/2 mile increments at 90% of max or a 17 on the PRE scale (1-20 with 1 being easy and 20 being all out killer effort).
- Time each interval.
- Light jog or walk for the same amount of time it took you to run the 1/2 mile (800 meters). This is your active rest interval.
- The work ratio is 1:1 meaning that you run the same amount of time that you rest (by walking or jogging...it is called active rest)
- Work up to completing 4 work intervals.
Remember to do 3 HIIT sessions each week along with other cardiovascular workouts.