Friday, July 27, 2012

Clean Eating Week 1 Update

This has been quite a ride for me this week. Clean eating is harder to do than I thought, especially with kids. With the exception of July 24th, a holiday here in Utah, I have eaten clean. My family has done a good job and are improving everyday. I won't ask for more than that.

I have tried several new recipes this week and ruined two of them right off the bat. I have noticed that on many clean eating websites some people opt to not eat dairy in their clean eating. I love milk and my body craves it now and then. I feel that it is important for my children to get dairy in their diet as well. We will not be cutting out milk and other dairy products. With that said, however, we will cut out yogurts with sugar, etc.

My kids have done well so far. They have had a few set backs, but they are aware of what they are eating. They ask me if certain foods are clean or not. I like that they are becoming more aware of what they eat.


I can tell you that since starting to eat clean, I have not been near as hungry. My cravings have practically disappeared in just 5 days. I feel satisfied longer throughout the day. It is wonderful to feel content don't you think?

If you are starting to eat clean one of the best things to be done is to decide what clean eating means to you. What will you incorporate and is there that one thing you are going to allow? For me, dark chocolate is my treat. Only far and few between, but nonetheless I have a treat that I love. I am allowing my kids a few holidays if they choose. I am hoping that they will not want as much after eating clean for a number of weeks.

As for me, I am going to incorporate clean eating as much as possible into my home and family, but there is the concept of moderation in everything and I strongly agree with that. After my 100 days of clean eating challenge, I will see if I indeed do feel better. I will at that point determine if it is a way I want to live my life. This is important to me because if it isn't a lifestyle change, I will not reap the benefits. At this point I am already feeling better and that is what I was hoping for when I started this challenge.

I enjoy socializing, eating out occasionally and being at family get togethers. The reality is that I cannot always control what is served and I have to eventually decide if I want to pack my own food everywhere I go. That seems a bit improbable to me at this point. I think I will most likely eat clean 99% of the time and allow for some variation at social gatherings making the healthiest choices available to me.

I enjoy eating clean foods and whole foods. Eating clean is definitely a healthier way to go about losing weight, increasing overall health or just to feel more energized. As a trainer I would recommend this type of eating to my clients as a positive lifestyle change.

So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment