HIIT workouts boast many benefits over other types of training.
In this series I will post 3 new workouts a week. HIIT workouts should be incorporated into your fitness routine 3 times per week.
I believe fitness is moving towards a combination of HIIT and endurance segments in one workout session. This means that you begin your workout after a dynamic warm-up with a HIIT workout and then finish it out with a longer, slower endurance workout. I will be adding some of these workouts into my fitness schedule as well.
Here is the first HIIT workout to go along with the 100 Day Fitness Challenge. This workout assumes that you have already been working out. If not, it is vital to work up to it by choosing a realistic distance for yourself. For example, run 1/4 mile instead of the miles. If you cannot run, do the same workout walking or on an eliptical if you have a gym or home gym you go to.
- Warm-up for 10 minutes with dynamic movements such as light jogging.
- Run 1 mile at a pace that is difficult, yet doable. Time yourself or record your pace.
- Run the second mile at a slower, more comfortable pace than the first mile.
- Run 1 mile at the same pace/in the same amount of time as your first mile.
- Cool down for 10 minutes by walking.
If you need specific help or have specific questions related to work outs please send me a message or leave a comment and I will get back to you.
Keep on Moving!