Friday, July 27, 2012

Nectarine Banana Green Smoothie

Whenever I make a smoothie or juice that my kids like, even my middle picky eater child, it is worth posting. This smoothie was a winner in our book. It is a "clean" smoothie as well. This recipes serves 5 (5 - 8 oz. glasses) and fits well into my Blendtec blender. If you have a smaller blender you may want to half the recipe so it doesn't explode all over the kitchen...or if you are up for an exciting morning :)
Buy organic or wash well with 1 part vinegar 10 parts water in the sink for 10 minutes.

3 cups washed red seedless grapes
1 nectarine pitted
1/2 cup washed blueberries
2 cups baby spinach (I keep mine frozen in the freezer and take it out when needed. It freezes nicely)
1 peeled banana
1 cup of ice

Put ingredients into the blender and push the whole fruit button.
Pour into cups and serve immediately. Enjoy!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment