Friday, July 27, 2012

Clean Blender Tortilla Soup

Mmmmm! I am amazed that my kids love this soup. Today we ate it for lunch with "clean" corn tortilla chips and a nectarine banana green smoothie. They loved this meal from the first time we tried it over 3 years ago. I originally got this recipe from the Blendtec recipe book, but changed it just a bit to adapt to what I had on hand.

3 Roma tomatoes halved
Small handful of cilantro, washed
1/8 Small Red Onion
2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning
1-2 inch cube sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 large carrot, washed
2 cups hot water

Place all ingredients into the blender and hit the soups button. I highly recommend holding the lid in place. Twice I have pushed my luck and both times ended up with tortilla soup on the floor, ceiling and all over me. I tried to double the recipe in my bigger blender top with the same exploding result. The hot water causes this exploding phenomena. So, follow the recipe and hold the lid in place.

Serve immediately with tortilla chips on top.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment