Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Flower Birthday Card

I love birthdays. 

When I first moved to my new neighborhood I had the thought that I should take one of my neighbors a birthday card on her birthday. I hesitated because we were fairly new to the area and I didn't know her well at that point. The decision to not take her a card has been one of my regrets. I came to find out later that in this friend's native country, birthdays are huge. She had been feeling somewhat overlooked and unhappy because of the circumstances of that particular birthday. And I did nothing to make it any better.

I learned a great lesson that day. First, to follow the impressions we have. God does love us and he knows what we need...he often works through others. And second, birthdays are special days for everyone and just to be recognized makes each one of us feel better.

So, send a card. Here is a simple one. I made some to give away as gifts and others to use for birthdays.


This card was made using a pre-made embossed 5.5 x 5.5 inch square card. If you don't have any that are pre-made, simply cute a piece of white paper 5.5 x 11, score the middle and fold. You can choose any paper design or emboss on the card.

I cut a 2.5 inch square with rounded corners out on my silhouette machine with the happy birthday saying using the print and cut feature. Then I cut out a white frame slightly smaller than the square. I chose a flower I liked from the silhouette store and cut 2 of them out in pink card stock. 

Glue the first square onto the card and the first flower onto the square. Make sure it is situated so that the happy birthday sentiment is visible. Next, secure the frame and the second flower to the card using foam glue dots to give it a 3-D look. 

Simple as that and you can bring a smile to someone who needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment