Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Clean Eating Lime Chicken Tacos

This recipe is a cinch! And it got thumbs up all around the table tonight.

Crock Pot Recipe

Place 3-4 Large Chicken Breasts in the crock pot on low. (My chicken breasts were rather large)
Juice 2 limes and add 1 Tbsp Chili Spice...mix and pour over the chicken (or add 2 drops of doTerra Lime essential oil in 1/2 cup water with spice).

Let cook for 6-8 hours.
Shred the chicken and return to the pot.
Add 1-2 cups of frozen white corn.
Add 1 1/2 cups of your favorite salsa.

Heat thoroughly and serve up in warm clean corn tortillas with lettuce, cherry tomatoes halved and salsa. Mmmmmm. This recipe is so simple and yummy. A keeper.
I will have to get photos next time...we ate it so fast that I did not have an opportunity to snap a picture!

I adapted this recipe from A Taste of Home recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. Tonight I was thinking about what to have for dinner and the leftover lime chicken taco meat was just staring back at me. I think it will be great to use for chicken nachos! Mmmm. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete