Monday, February 13, 2012

Kindness Activity

For Valentine's Day I wanted to do something so that my boys would focus on being kind to one another. I got a small mason jar for each child and filled them with lego pieces.



The object is to get all your legos out of your jar and into the big jar in the kitchen. Whoever completes this task by Valentine's Day receives a special Valentine Day gift from me :) Each time the child does a service or act of kindness for someone else in our home, he may remove one of his legos and add it to the bigger family jar. I started this activity 5 days before Valentine's Day, but you can do it with only a couple of days or extend it to a couple of weeks. It can also be done on Valentine's Day just for the day. My kids are loving it and responding so great!

Fill the jar with whatever you have on hand. Glass rocks, marbles, puzzle pieces, rocks, buttons or even noodles would do the trick. Then watch your kids become kinder...it is working for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment