Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 1 Clean Eating Menu

I have searched through recipes and websites to find my week menu. It is easier for me to plan ahead in week chunks so that I can be sure I have all needed ingredients. Planning ahead takes out that last minute Uh-Oh...the second I realize dinner is in 30 minutes and I don't have any idea what I can make.

A lot of times I have failed by simply not being prepared. It is often times easier to grab something less healthy when I don't know what I am going to cook. I don't want to fail this 100 day clean eating challenge because I am not prepared. My son just returned from scout camp and Be Prepared is their motto...I am going to adopt that into this part of my life. I am sure I won't be nearly as stressed if I have a plan.

I have not tried some of the recipes. As I try them, if I like them, they will appear on my blog. For now, I have links to the recipes if you want to try them out with me:)



Day 1 - Breakfast: Egg white omelets with fresh veggies
             Lunch: Caldo Verde
             Dinner:  Gnocchi with homemade pasta sauce, warm homemade bread sticks and salad
Day 2 - Breakfast: Waffles
             Lunch: Lemony Pasta Salad
             Dinner: Tortilla Soup
Day 3 - Breakfast: Lemon Coconut Almond Muffins
             Lunch: Banana Peanut Butter Wrap
             Dinner: Grilled Chicken, asparagus, salad and quinoa
Day 4 - Breakfast: 2 egg whites and green smoothie
             Lunch: Chicken Salad
             Dinner: Corn and Leek Chowder
Day 5 - Breakfast: Steel Cut Oatmeal with honey and fresh fruit
             Lunch: Hummus and veggies, corn chips and salsa
             Dinner: Pizza with whole wheat crust
Day 6 - Breakfast: Banana Muffin and egg whites
             Lunch: Green Juice concoction
             Dinner: Nut Crusted Chicken, veggies and salad
Day 7 - Breakfast: Green Smoothie with Whey
             Lunch: Rice crackers, hummus and veggies
             Dinner: Morrocan Chicken

Good luck. I would love to know if you find or create any great recipes along the way...keep me posted.

Happy Eating!


            

No comments:

Post a Comment