Monday, July 23, 2012

Robust Red Juice Recipe



We are back in our home after our flood...for the time being. I did not do a good job at clean eating on the run, at hotels, restaurants and relatives homes so I officially started this morning. Along with my egg white omelet, I threw together a beautiful red juice that wasn't bad. In fact, I really liked it. My husband said it wasn't bad and my kids practically spit it out :) Ha. I love how honest my kids are...most of the time. (I am very careful with the "does this make my butt look big?" questions).

I went to the store to find that they did not have organic produce. Dang! I bought what I needed, came home and put 1 part distilled vinegar into 10 parts water in the kitchen sink. I placed all my juicing ingredients into the sink and let them sit for about 10 minutes. I scrubbed the carrots and the beets with a vegetable brush then rinsed everything in cool water to get the pesticides and wax off. I think it worked well.

Here is my recipe for this morning's  
"Robust Red Juice"

2 Large Handfuls of Baby Kale (found last week at Costco)
3 Collard Green Leaves
1 Beet
6 Carrots
4 Stalks of Celery
1 Golden Delicious Apple

Being a BzzAgent I received free information and the video Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead in the mail.  I get to watch and read about juicing and give my honest opinion of the product. The video chronicles one man's juicing journey to a healthier life. In the literature I received it lists many health benefits of a variety of fruits and vegetables. From this information I found that my Robust Red Juice helps protect good HDL cholesterol, protects the liver, is a great source of vitamin A and potassium, helps with muscle relaxation (we all need some of that :), increases energy, helps prevent cramps, detoxifies, helps estrogen ratios, discourages breast cancer growth, has anti-cancer properties and provides me with many potent micro-nutrients. WOW!All that in one juice.

Try this recipe and let me know what you think. Visit www.jointhereboot.com for more juicing info.
Happy Juicing!



No comments:

Post a Comment