Thursday, September 13, 2012

Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas

This was our clean eating dinner for tonight and it was sooo yummy! I got the original recipe here and modified it for our family.

I did not take a picture, although they were picture worthy. Ooops, sorry!

I prepared my own guacamole recipe that I got from a friend instead of the one in the recipe. I will share that recipe tomorrow. 

Coat 1 pound of shrimp with 1 Tbsp. Cumin, 1 1/2 Tbsp. Chili Seasoning and 1 tsp. onion powder. Saute in 1-2 Tbsp. canola or olive oil for 5 minutes.

Top tostada with guacamole (I smeared it on first underneath the cheese so my kids couldn't see it and guess what? They loved it :), cheese, cabbage. shrimp and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice on top and enjoy! So easy and yummy!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment