Sunday, February 5, 2012

Smoothies

Tomorrow morning starts my official training kick-off. For me this simply means that I will train each day and rest on Sunday. I am going to track my workouts and post total mileage for running and biking. This should be interesting to see what I can do.

Did you pick an event to train for? If so, what type of event or which one are you going for?
Did you know that when we train it is important to have 2 high intensity days/week, 2-3 moderate intensity and 1 easy or recovery workout? Each day needs to vary so that our body will adapt and change as much as possible.

Along with the training comes the healthy eating. You will not get the desired results if you do not eat right. I personally do not believe in dieting. I like to eat and I enjoy eating a variety of foods. I do however watch portion size and amount of food eaten. I can have a piece or a bite, but don't need to eat the entire thing :)

I carry a water bottle around with me to make sure that I am drinking enough water throughout the day. Another thing I find helpful is starting the day off with a smoothie. There is something about the fruit and veggies in the morning that cut my cravings for unhealthy food to the point that snacking isn't an issue for me. When I do not have a smoothie, I always want to snack.

2 cups grapes
1banana
1 cup In season fruit (blueberries, strawberries, nectarines, peaches, etc...and I usually use more than 1 kind)
2 large handfuls of fresh spinach (the bagged spinach can be frozen...the leaves freeze individually)
1/2 to 1 cup frozen fruit
1 cup Ice

Or try this one:
1 cup milk
1 banana
1 heaping scoop of chocolate mix (protein powder, ovaltine, or Nesquik)
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
2 cups Ice
Handful Spinach


I like to mess around and try different flavors together. This is a great way to get kids to eat spinach.
Carri

No comments:

Post a Comment